Pepperoni “Pizza” Omelette
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Pepperoni "Pizza" Omelette Recipe
You can replace mushrooms and cherry tomatoes with other usual pizza toppings, such as onions and bell peppers.
If you wish to use pizza sauce (omitted in this recipe for low-carb), spread pizza sauce on the omelette (step 3), before adding the cheese and toppings.
- 16 pepperoni round pieces
- 2-3 button mushrooms cleaned* & sliced thinly
- 2 cherry tomatoes sliced thinly
* clean the mushroom caps by wiping with a clean & damp kitchen towel
Ingredients for ONE omelette (this recipe makes 2):
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt (or a small pinch of sea salt)
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- baby spinach (or basil/chopped parsley etc)
- sliced shallots
You also need
- 20 cm non-stick pan for making the omelette
- heat-resistant silicon spatula
- Cook pepperoni and mushrooms. Arrange pepperoni pieces one layer in the pan. Pan fry briefly on both sides until cooked. Remove pepperoni from pan and set aside. Using the oil rendered by the pepperoni, stir-fry the sliced mushrooms for 1-2 minutes or until softened, remove from pan and set aside. Carefully wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper towels.
- Make the omelette (“pizza” base). Thoroughly beat two eggs with garlic salt in a small bowl. Into the previously cleaned pan, add butter. Swirl the pan to coat it evenly in the melted butter. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. As the eggs set, pull edges with a spatula to draw the mixture from the sides to the centre, letting uncooked egg flow underneath. Do this until the omelette is just set with still some raw egg on top. Turn off the stove.
- Add the “pizza” toppings. Add a layer of cheese over the omelette, then arrange half portion of pepperoni, mushrooms and tomatoes on the omelette. Put the lid on, turn on the stove to medium low, and allow the omelette to simmer for 1 minute, or until the cheese fully melted.
- Garnish & serve. Loosen the edges of the omelette with a spatula. Slide the omelette into a serving plate and fold it in half. Garnish with baby spinach and shallots. Repeat step 2 to make another omelette with the remaining mushrooms.