One-Pot Mac & Cheese (Broccoli & Shrimp)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
One Pot Mac & Cheese (Broccoli & Shrimp) Recipe
When the mac & cheese is just cooked, the cheese sauce will be slightly soupy but it will thicken up gradually and maintain at a creamier texture within 15 minutes. Leftovers can be kept for one day in the fridge, and warmed up in the microwave.
Check out the step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g unsalted butter
- 1/4 yellow onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 300ml low-sodium chicken stock
- 70g macaroni
- 8-10 shrimps (prawns) deshelled & deveined
- 50g broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp cheddar cheese powder
- 200ml unsweetened milk (soy or cow’s milk)
- dried parsley flakes & black pepper to garnish
- Fry aromatics. Heat olive oil and butter in a pan. Cook the onions and garlic briefly until the onions are translucent.
- Cook pasta, shrimp & broccoli. Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Add macaroni and boil for 4 minutes. Add shrimps and broccoli. Cook for another 2 minutes. By this time, the pasta will absorb most of the stock. Any time the liquid dries during cooking, top up with a little more stock or water.
- Add milk & cheese. Reduce the heat so that it is gently bubbling. Add milk and cheese powder. Cook for another 2 minutes, stirring regularly with a spatula so that the cheese is fully melted. Ladle to serving plates. Garnish with parsley & black pepper.