Korean Anchovy Stock
Filed Under: Broth/Soup Base How-To Korean Recipes
Korean Anchovy Dashi Stock Recipe
Refer to the step-by-step pictures on the previous page.
- 20grams or about 30 large anchovies (myulchi) about 6-7 cm; de-gutted & placed in a disposable soup pouch
- 15 grams kombu (dried kelp) wipe with a damp cloth; do not wash
- 1 litre water
- Add anchovies, kombu and water to soup pot. Soak for 20 minutes.
- Slowly bring to a gentle simmer (not rapidly boiling) for 20 minutes.
- Remove anchovies and kombu (see tip below). Filter the stock if there are any particles. Store in a close-lid container in the fridge for a few days, or freezer for up to a month.
Noob Cook Tip
The cooked kombu can either be discarded, or added to salads.
Pages: 1 2
Bet it’s very fresh and flavoursome!