Kaya Toast Recipe
If you don’t have a toaster, you can toast the bread in an oven for 10-15 minutes at 200°C (392°F) until they are crispy and browned.
- 6 slices of bread without edges
- kaya (aka coconut jam) spread
- thinly sliced butter
- Toast the bread in a toaster.
- Spread some kaya on the untoasted side of the bread slice. Add butter slices on one of the bread on top of the kaya spread and then place a second piece of bread on top to form a sandwich.
- Use a bread knife to cut to smaller, bite-sized pieces. To complete the breakfast experience, serve with hot kopi/teh and half-boiled eggs.