Home made Pancakes with Fruits
Home Made Pancakes
(topped with honey kiwi fruit, blueberries, banana nut crunch cereal and drizzled with diluted honey syrup)
This is the first time I’m making pancakes and it was fun and to my surprise, the pancakes are actually edible. You see, I am completely hopeless when it comes to recipes involving flour & batter (meaning I can’t bake to save my life), so I am pretty pleased that a) on first inspection the pancakes look like pancakes (almost), and b) on further inspection, they taste like pancakes.
Pancakes look so cheery to me when topped with all kinds of wonderful foods – a great way to uplift moods & kick start a day!
(makes 8 pancakes)
Credit: This recipe is taken entirely from here.
– 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (or plain flour)
– 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1 tablespoon white sugar
– 1 1/4 cups milk
– 1 egg
– 3 tablespoons butter, melted
1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.
You can use fruits, ice cream, cereals and nuts as toppings for your pancakes, and also drizzle some maple syrup to sweeten if desired. Since I don’t have maple syrup, I substituted with using honey that’s diluted with just a little bit of water at room temperature.
– Totally Experimental (click for photo) – I use kiwi honey which my mum bought for me from NZ to make the syrup for one of the pancakes.
– I’m sharing my pancakes with Pancakes on Parade, a food blog event by my friend Susan, The Well-Seasoned Cook
Those pancakes look perfect to me.
did the honey taste like kiwis?
Nate:: Yes, it has a slight subtle hint of kiwi, and it tastes slightly sweeter than normal honey ;)
may i know what kind of milk to use? fresh milk? hmm
Hi Angela, Yes fresh milk is good, can also use other types of milk such as HL … it’s up to your preferance :-)
Wow – what a lovely blog! I am happy I found your site. The pancakes look awesome. Excellent photos. Cheers :)
Pingback: Banana pancake | Food-4Tots | Recipes for Toddlers
My first time making pancakes at home. It turned out great! My children said my pancake taste better than McDonald. They enjoyed eating it. Thanks!
Pingback: Pancakes Pancakes! | ohpoppu
Hi, other than honey, nutella would go great with pancakes – you can even spread nutella, then wrap it up like egg rolls and then cut them into bite sized portions to serve.