Eight Treasures Tea (Ba Bao Cha)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Eight Treasures Tea Recipe
Eight Treasures Tea (Ba Bao Cha) is a soothing Chinese herbal tea consisting of a special blend of 8 ingredients. Feel free to tweak the recipe by substituting or adjusting the quantity of ingredients to suit your preference.
- 300 ml hot boiling water
(A) Teapot ingredients
- 1 tbsp jasmine green tea leaves (香片) placed in filter bag
- 1/2 cup chrysanthemum flowers (菊花/朵朵香)
- 1 tsp rose buds (玫瑰)
- 1 tsp wolfberries (杞子)
- 4 red dates (红枣)
- 4 ginseng slices (花旗蔘片/洋参片)
- 4 dried longan (龙眼)
(B) Teacup ingredients
- 4 chrysanthemum flowers
- 4 rose buds
- 16 wolfberries
- 4 red dates
- 4 ginseng slices
- 4 dried longan
- 12 small pieces of rock sugar (冰糖) to taste
- Add (A) into a 350ml capacity tea pot. Pour boiling water and allow the tea to infuse/seep for a few minutes.
- Divide (B) equally into four serving tea cups.
- Pour hot tea from tea pot into serving cups. Make a second pot of tea by topping up with hot water and rock sugar as needed.
Noob Cook Tips
- Apart from the above ingredients, other commonly used ingredients in Eight Treasures Tea include dried lily buds, long jing or oolong tea leaves, orange peel, dried raisins and licorice roots. Feel free to substitute the recipe with your favourite ingredients.