Deep Fried Tempeh
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Deep Fried Tempeh Recipe
You can use any amount of tempeh. Deep fry them in batches to avoid overcrowding the frying pot.
The oil used for deep frying tempeh can be reused for a few more times within a week as long as it still looks clean.
Meal Prep – fried tempeh can be kept for up to 5 days in the fridge, and reheated in the toaster or microwave oven.
- 6x 40g tempeh pieces (up to you)
- peanut or canola oil for shallow or deep frying (enough to submerge the tempeh)
- powdered seasonings (such as salt & pepper, cayenne pepper, seaweed powder etc)
- Cut tempeh according to desired serving sizes. Either make criss-cross superficial slits on one side of tempeh, or cut the tempeh to uniform short sections.
- Deep fry tempeh & serve. Add enough oil that will cover the tempeh in a frying pot. Heat oil to 180°C (356°F) or until tiny bubbles form when a wooden chopstick is inserted into the oil. Deep fry the tempeh in batches until light golden. Blot out excess oil by placing fried tempeh on kitchen paper towel or tempura paper. Optional: Sprinkle powdered seasonings (such as salt, garlic salt, pepper, paprika or cayenne pepper, seaweed powder etc) and serve.