Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Curry Vegetables Recipe
This curry with vegetables goes very well with both rice and fried bee hoon. Add sliced chilli and/or chilli powder, to taste, to add heat to the curry.
- 900 ml water
- 6 curry leaf sprigs
- 35g curry powder mix (for curry vegetable)
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp fish sauce to taste
- 10 shallots peeled
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 lemongrass sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp dried shrimps 虾米 (hae bee/heibi) soaked to soften & drained
- 3 dried chilli soaked to soften, drained & cut to smaller sections
(B) Suggestions; do not need to add everything
- 200g long bean ends trimmed & cut to 2 inch length
- 300g cabbage cut roughly to smaller pieces
- 100g orka (lady’s fingers) ends trimmed and sliced
- 100g eggplant (brinjal) sliced lengthwise and cut to bite sized chunks
- 50g beancurd puffs (tao pok) or beancurd skin (tau kee) or 2 pieces of deep fried bean curd (tau kwa)
(C) Optional (steam for 10-15 minutes until softened)
- 250g lontong rice cakes cut to bite sized chunks
- 1 peeled potato cut to bite sized chunks
- Using a blender, grind ingredients at (A) to a paste. Alternatively, you can use a mortar & pestle.
- In a wok pan, heat oil and fry the blended paste (A) until fragrant. Add water, curry leaves and curry powder, mix well and bring to a boil.
- Add ingredients in (B) and simmer until vegetables are softened to liking. Season the curry with fish sauce (or other seasonings such as chilli powder & salt as you like). Add steamed lontong rice cakes and potato to the curry.
- Lower heat and add coconut milk, stirring to warm through the curry.
Adapted from wokkingmum