Crispy Prosciutto, Poached Egg & Avocado Salad
Crispy Prosciutto, Poached Egg & Avocado Salad Recipe
Use whole wheat bread to make this salad keto-friendly.
You can also crumble the crispy prosciutto to sprinkle over the salad, instead of serving it whole, if desired.
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma (Parma ham)
- 2 servings salad mix washed & spun dry
- 2 poached eggs pre-cooked; see cooking note below
- 2 garlic bread toast pre-cooked; see cooking note below
- 1 avocado halved, pitted and sliced
- 4 cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 lemon wedges
- freshly cracked black pepper
- dried parsley flakes
(A) Lemon-Olive Oil Dressing
- 1 1/2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of salt to taste
- Make crispy prosciutto. Arrange the prosciutto slices one layer in the air fryer rack. Bake at 200°C (392°F) for 3 minutes, check on the prosciutto and separate them if the slices are stuck together. Then continue air frying at 240°C (464°F) for 2 minutes to crisp it up. Alternatively, you can also use the oven (preheated 200°C for 6-8 minutes) or crisp it up with some olive oil on the stove. Set aside.
- Make dressing. Combine (A) in a small saucer, whisk to mix well. Separate to two servings.
- Plate and serve. Line 2 serving plates with salad leaves. Top each plate with poached egg & a slice of crispy prosciutto on garlic toast, half avocado, 4 halved cherry tomatoes and a lemon wedge. Serve each plate with a lemon-olive oil dressing. Garnish with black pepper and parsley.
- Making poached eggs. Boil a small pot water with 1 tbsp of vinegar until the water is constantly making small bubbles but never boiling, about 90°C /194°F. Break each egg into a ramekin, making sure the yolk is not broken. Swirl the water with a spoon to create a vortex and add the egg into the middle of the whirlpool to cook for 3 minutes. If you are making more than 1 egg, there is no need to swirl the water – just slip them one-by-one gently into the water. Remove with a slotted spoon and its done.
- Making quick garlic bread toast. On both sides of a slice of thickly sliced baguette or artisan bread, sprinkle garlic powder and spread butter. Heat a pan on medium heat and toast the bread on both sides until lightly golden.