Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Creamy Mushroom Recipe
In this recipe, I use 3 types of mushrooms, namely button mushrooms, hon shimeji & maitake mushrooms. You can use 1 to 3 types of your favourite mushrooms.
In place of the dried Italian seasoning, you can use your favourite dried herbs blend, or 1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g cut mushrooms (I use button, maitake and hon shimeji)
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or any fave dried herbs, or 2 sprigs fresh thyme)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 2 cloves minced garlic)
- 60ml light thickened cream for thicker consistency, use thickened or heavy cream
- 30ml soy milk for thicker consistency, use full cream or regular cow milk
- 1/2 tbsp ramen paitan concentrate see note below
- 15g unsalted butter
- freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh chopped parsley
- Fry the mushrooms. Heat oil in pan, add mushrooms, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Fry until the mushrooms starts to wilt.
- Cook mushrooms in creamy sauce. Add cream, soy milk and ramen paitan concentrate. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for a few minutes, until the mushrooms are cooked. Add butter as a finishing touch. You may adjust the consistency and taste of the creamy sauce by adding more cream, milk and seasoning as needed. Garnish with black pepper and parsley.
- I discovered by chance that my bottle of ramen paitan concentrate for making ramen soup base makes a great seasoning for the creamy mushroom sauce. You can substitute this with chicken consomme powder, garlic salt and/or light soy sauce, to taste.
- As I opted for a lighter consistency due to the hot weather, I used light thickened cream and soy milk. For a thicker, heavier and creamier consistency, you can use heavy or thickened cream, regular cow’s milk or full cream milk.