Chinese Red Spinach Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chinese Red Spinach Soup Recipe
In this recipe, mushroom stock is used, making this dish meatless. You can substitute mushroom stock with chicken stock, vegetable stock, plain water with simple seasonings (such as soy sauce or salt), or any clear Chinese soup you are making that day.
- 1 bag (about 250 grams) red spinach (amaranth greens/红苋菜)
- 1/2 tbsp cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 200 ml mushroom stock#
- pinch of salt to taste
# Make instant mushroom stock by dissolving 1/2 tbsp mushroom seasoning powder in 200ml hot water
- Prep spinach. Separate the spinach leaves from the stems. Snap the stems into shorter lengths, pulling & discarding the “strings” in the process. Wash and spin dry the spinach in a salad spinner.
- Stir-fry the spinach. Heat oil in wok and stir-fry garlic until they just turn golden. Add spinach stems and stir-fry for a minute. Then add the leaves and stir-fry until they start to wither.
- Simmer and serve. Add soup stock, cover with lid and simmer contents for 3 minutes. Season to taste and serve.