Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe
For best results, bake this just before serving to enjoy the freshly melted cheese.
- 15 grams butter
- 200 grams button mushrooms sliced
- 200 grams chicken fillet cubed
- 1 & 1/2 cups uncooked rice rinsed and drained
- 5 garlic cloves
- water to cook rice I use slightly more than 1 1/2 cups of water – adjust the water amount according to your cooker
- a few tablespoons uncooked Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- shredded Cheddar Cheese
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- In a heated saucepan, melt butter. Add mushrooms and chicken, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken is white.
- Add the washed uncooked rice, as well as a small pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir well. Transfer contents of saucepan to a rice cooker. Add the garlic cloves. Add water to cook rice.
- When the rice is cooked, portion out the rice into individual oven-safe baking dishes (or use a 20cm x 20 cm square alumnium tray) until about half the height of the dish.
- Spread some mushroom soup sauce on top of the rice, and topped with a layer of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese melted and is very slightly browned. Garnish with parsley.