Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
Filed Under: One-Dish Meals Recipes rice Western Recipes
Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice Recipe
For best results, bake this just before serving to enjoy the freshly melted cheese.
- 15 grams butter
- 200 grams button mushrooms sliced
- 200 grams chicken fillet cubed
- 1 & 1/2 cups uncooked rice rinsed and drained
- 5 garlic cloves
- water to cook rice I use slightly more than 1 1/2 cups of water – adjust the water amount according to your cooker
- a few tablespoons uncooked Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup
- shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- shredded Cheddar Cheese
- salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- parsley for garnishing
- In a heated saucepan, melt butter. Add mushrooms and chicken, stir-fry for a few minutes until the surface of the chicken is white.
- Add the washed uncooked rice, as well as a small pinch of salt and black pepper. Stir well. Transfer contents of saucepan to a rice cooker. Add the garlic cloves. Add water to cook rice.
- When the rice is cooked, portion out the rice into individual oven-safe baking dishes (or use a 20cm x 20 cm square alumnium tray) until about half the height of the dish.
- Spread some mushroom soup sauce on top of the rice, and topped with a layer of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Baked in a preheated oven at 200°C (392°F) for about 20-25 minutes, or until all the cheese melted and is very slightly browned. Garnish with parsley.
Pages: 1 2
How much mozzarella cheese and cheddar cheese do i need?
just enough to cover one layer as shown in the photos, I’d say 1/4 to 1/2 cup of each.
How many servings does this serve?
4-6; indicated on recipe page two
hi, do i put the chicken and mushroom in the rice cooker as well?
How many people can this serve for lunchtime?
4-6; get the recipe with serving portions at https://noobcook.com/chicken-and-mushroom-baked-rice/2/
Pingback: Baked Rice | The Red Attack.
hi im a secondary school girl and i am interested in using your recipe for a project work of mine in home economics. i just wanted to clarify if i could just cook the rice on the pan then bake in the oven?
yes, the plain rice can be cooked on the stove top or rice cooker.
Thanks for the recipe! May I know what can I use in place of the Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup? We are trying our best not to consume canned products. Thanks!
I’ve not tried this substitution myself, but I think those instant white pasta sauces in glass bottles (example the Prego or Lego brnads) will work.
Hi CHICKEN also in the rice cooker?
This a great recipe. I got a thumbs up from my picky hub. Thank you!
thank you :)
This is an excellent recipe. I keep coming back here to make this. My family love it. A bit of work (fry, cook, bake) but worth it. Yum!