I saw some really fresh and cheap blueberries and I knew I have to make some blueberry muffins with them. And I’m glad I did, because they are so yummy, I couldn’t help eating them while I am taking the photos. The natural slight sourness of the blueberries is a nice contrast to the sweet muffins.
Plus, they are just so pretty to look at with the burst blueberries and the purple streaks running down the cupcake liners, and that made me really happy. I think it’s time for me to head back to the supermarket and stock up on more blueberries. The recipe is really easy because there is no electric mixer required, you just need a spatula to combine everything in a large bowl.
Its so funny as I write this I have some in the oven..will keep your recipe for the next time…
Hi hi, am a fellow Singaporean living overseas ..thank you for yr lovely blueberry muffins recipe… The ones I made turned out great ..the only shame was that my blueberries were all at the bottom of the cupcakes …hence didn’t turn out that pretty like yours!!! :-/
Your muffins look so lovely. I like them and tempted to try.
I would like to find out if there is difference between using melted butter or oil?
How about between milk and yogurt and oil.
Saw there are others recipes using yogurt and
Is there a mistake with the conversion? I think 1 cup of sugar is actually about 100g, not 225g? Noticed a comment saying she used half the amount of sugar and the muffins were sweet enough?
there is no mistake, 1 cup caster sugar = 225 grams. I think a lot of people have tried this recipe and succeeded with the indicated proportions. Feel free to reduce the sweetness, though, to your personal preference.
Hi, may I know will the blueberries ‘explode’ and splatter inside the oven as the cupcakes are being baked?
1. How do u measure 1 1/2 eggs?
2. Do u use salted or unsalted butter?
3. For how long do I need to preheat the oven?
4. I only managed to make 6 muffins out of the recipe.
1. You can beat the egg and estimate. Or double up the recipe since it only yields 6 for u.
2. unsalted butter for everything on this site (that’s what I use at home). But it’s perfectly ok to use salted butter!
3. Varies with different brand/model of oven, for mine (Rowenta), it takes exactly 10 minutes.
4. Maybe the muffin cups you used are bigger? The ones I used (diameter in recipe) should be smaller.