Black Bean Sauce Eggplants Recipe
- 200 grams eggplants cut to 5 cm sections, then cut to smaller “logs” & arranged one layer on steaming plate
- 1 tbsp oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red finger length chilli de-seeded & diced
- 1-2 chilli padi (optional; for the heat) partially de-seeded
- Pre-cook the eggplants using either the microwave, boiling or steaming method. View this tutorial for more details. Set aside.
- Cook the dish. Heat oil in wok. Add garlic and chilli; stir fry briefly until aromatic. Add sauce ingredients (A) and cooked eggplants. Stir-fry briefly to coat the eggplants thoroughly in the sauce and cover with lid. Simmer down for 1 minute or until sauce is reduced and slightly thickened. Serve with steamed rice.