Bacon Garlic Pasta
Filed Under: 30-Minute Recipes One-Dish Meals Pasta Recipes Recipes
Bacon Garlic Pasta Recipe
You can make this pasta more exciting with added ingredients like cherry tomato, mushrooms, peppers and/or chicken, though this basic version tastes good on its own too.
- 200 grams macaroni (or other pasta such as penne)
- 100 grams streaky bacon finely chopped
- 2 chilli padi thinly sliced; to taste (or 1 tsp chilli flakes)
- 8 garlic cloves coarsely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp chopped spring onions or Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 30 grams unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp chicken stock (or use pasta water)
- sea salt to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Add 1 tbsp salt to a pot of water. Bring water to boil and add macaroni. Cook pasta until al dente, deducting about 2 minutes off the recommended timing on the packaging.
- While the macaroni is cooking, add bacon to a heated saucepan. Let the bacon cook until crisp and its oil rendered out.
- Push the bacon to the side of the saucepan. Using the oil released by the bacon, add another 2 tbsp olive oil. Cook garlic and chilli padi in the oil.
- At the first sight of the garlic changing to light golden brown, turn off the stove. Let it continue cooking in the hot oil until it turns golden brown. Melt some butter in the hot oil.
- Drain cooked macaroni and add to the saucepan, together with chicken stock (or pasta water), chopped spring onions (or parsley). Stir to coat everything evenly. Season to taste. Serve with grated parmesan cheese and freshly cracked black pepper over the pasta.
Pages: 1 2
Bacon makes everything taste better, doesn’t it?
Must be super duper flavorful with bacon, garlic, and chili! Yum.
This pasta packed with bacon looks delicious and yes, I love the idea of garlic and a touch of chili…
Have a great week Wiffy :)
Can you convert the grams into cups or tablespoons for me?