Watermelon Soju Cocktail
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Watermelon Soju Recipe
In this recipe, equal parts watermelon juice and soju are used. Feel free to adjust the ratio of wine to juice, according to your preference. For example, you can add more soju for a stronger alcoholic concoction.
- 1 ripe watermelon
- Korean soju
Additional equipment needed
- blender or fruit juice extractor
- Cut watermelon in half in the middle. Hollow out watermelon by scooping out the flesh with a melon scooper, ice cream scoop or spoon, to make watermelon bowls.
- Make decorative, criss cross cuts on each watermelon bowl, if desired.
- Remove watermelon seeds,if any. Add watermelon flesh to a blender, blend until smooth and strain the juice through a fine sieve to remove the pulp. Alternatively, you can use a fruit juice extractor.
- Measure and mix equal parts watermelon juice and soju. Chill the drink in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, pour chilled watermelon soju into watermelon bowl.
Noob Cook Tip
- If you did not chill the drink before hand, you can add ice cubes when serving the cocktail in the watermelon bowl. I personally prefer not to add ice cubes as doing so may dilute the drink a little.
- Instead of halving the watermelon to get two watermelon bowls, you can also make a top cut to make a taller watermelon bowl.