Teriyaki Tofu Spring Rolls
This is a simple recipe for teriyaki tofu spring rolls. The main recipe for the teriyaki tofu is here. Besides serving the teriyaki tofu steaks stylishly on a plate, you can use some of the teriyaki tofu to make these delectable Vietnamese fresh spring rolls, and vice verse.
- Teriyaki Tofu Steak Recipe (pictured above)
PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS
These are the main ingredients for my teriyaki tofu spring rolls.
(1) Cooked teriyaki tofu & reserve the teriyaki sauce left in the pan (thin it out to the right consistency and saltiness) to use it as a dipping sauce for the spring rolls.
(2) Fillings for the spring rolls – bell peppers, shredded cabbage (low carb replacement for cooked vermicelli), cooked teriyaki tofu, shredded red cabbage & carrot.
(3) Fresh coriander and romaine lettuce leaves (or any salad mix pack).
(4) 22cm (8.6 inch) Vietnamese rice papers.
HOW TO WRAP THE SPRING ROLLS (STEP-BY-STEP PHOTOS)
Cut each tofu rectangle to half. Each fresh spring roll will use 3 tofu squares.
Method 1: Tofu inside the roll
Arrange the salad mix (or lettuce), 3 tofu squares, and the rest of the ingredients in the middle of the rice paper. Fold in the left and right sides of the rice paper, followed by the bottom side. Roll the wrap away from you, while keeping the fillings tight.
Method 2: Tofu outside the roll
Arrange the ingredients on the rice paper as shown in the first photo of method 2. Place 3 tofu squares as shown on top – they will be the top ‘face’ of the spring roll. Fold in the left and right sides of the rice paper, followed by the bottom side. Roll the wrap away from you, while keeping the fillings tight. When you reach the base of the tofu, insert a decorative chive or spring onion & protrude it out a little (optional). Continue rolling the last portion of the spring roll. Flip the spring roll over to reveal the aesthetic side showing the tofu.