Korean Spinach Salad (Sigeumchi Namul)
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Korean Spinach Salad Recipe
In place of baby spinach, you may also use regular spinach – try to use spinach with thinner stems and trim off the ends before use. After step 2, cut the spinach into smaller lengths.
- 150 grams baby spinach rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- a small pinch of salt to taste (may also use light soy sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil to taste
- 1 clove garlic grated or minced; grated or minced (may use garlic powder)
- Blanch spinach in a pot of boiling water (with 1 tsp of salt added) for 30 seconds.
- Plunge the blanched spinach in an ice water bath until cooled. Gather the spinach in your hand and squeeze out the excess liquids.
- In a bowl, add cooked spinach and the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Season to taste. Serve at room temperature or chilled.