Roasted Duck Fat Potatoes
Filed Under: Recipes
Duck Fat Roasted Potatoes Recipe
You can always substitute duck fat with extra-virgin olive oil, but using duck fat is such a premium treat to have!
- 500 grams baby potatoes (use ‘hard’ potatoes such as Brastagi)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) duck fat (goose fat) use home-made or store-bought
- 1 tsp sea salt
- salt & black pepper to taste
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5 cloves garlic slightly bruised
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Prep Potatoes. Scrub potatoes with a hard bristle brush until clean & cut them into quarters. Add potatoes and 1 tsp salt to a small pot with enough water to cover them. Boil for 10 minutes or until slightly softened. Drain potatoes in a colander. Shake or toss the potatoes until their surface is rough and fluffy, while still keeping them intact.
- Cook Potatoes. Preheat oven to 200°C (392°F) with the duck fat. Then very carefully coat the potatoes thoroughly in the hot duck oil using a spatula. Arrange the potatoes one layer in a roasting pan, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 200°C (392°F) for 30 minutes. Take out the roasting pan and gently press each piece of potato flesh with a fork to create new fluffy surface. Add (A) Return to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are perfectly golden & crisp.
Pages: 1 2
Great use of duck fat and these potatoes look super crisp!
So true again! I always make sure the big oven is at least 3/4 loaded to justify the oven time. If not, I turn to the table-top toaster oven to 省电