Roasted Curried Shrimp
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Roasted Curried Shrimp Recipe
This recipe will fill a compact sheet pan (half the size of a standard oven tray), ideal for cooking for 1-2 person(s). If you are cooking for more, use a standard tray & double up the ingredients accordingly.
Be careful when handling turmeric as it is staining. Use stain-proof cookware and utensils.
- 10 extra large shrimps (prawns) peeled & deveined, tail-on (180g after prep)
- 3 sprigs curry leaf optional
- 20 grams unsalted butter melted in microwave
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Thai lime or lemon wedges to garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 level tsp curry powder
- 1/2 level tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper powder for the heat; to taste
- 1/16 tsp fine sea salt to taste
- Season the shrimps. In a stain-proof bowl, coat shrimps and curry leaf with olive oil and butter. Scatter seasonings at (A) evenly over the contents. Mix everything well with a stain-proof spatula until the colour is evenly distributed. You can add a little more olive oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Prepare sheet pan by lining it with 2 pieces of baking paper. Spread out the prepared shrimps one layer in the pan.
- Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 8-12 minutes at upper rack until shrimps are cooked and the curry leaves are crisp. Garnish with parsley, black pepper and lime wedges.
Noob Cook Tip
The sheet pan is placed at the upper rack (where the oven is hottest) to reduce the roasting time. If you place the pan in the middle rack or you have a different oven configuration, do adjust the roasting time accordingly.