Roasted Curried Shrimp
Filed Under: Hot & Spicy Low Carb Recipes Meals for One or Two Recipes Sheet Pan Recipes Shrimp (Prawn) Recipes Under 30 Minutes
Roasted Curried Shrimp Recipe
This recipe will fill a compact sheet pan (half the size of a standard oven tray), ideal for cooking for 1-2 person(s). If you are cooking for more, use a standard tray & double up the ingredients accordingly.
Be careful when handling turmeric as it is staining. Use stain-proof cookware and utensils.
- 10 extra large shrimps (prawns) peeled & deveined, tail-on (180g after prep)
- 3 sprigs curry leaf optional
- 20 grams unsalted butter melted in microwave
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Thai lime or lemon wedges to garnish
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 level tsp curry powder
- 1/2 level tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder optional
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper powder for the heat; to taste
- 1/16 tsp fine sea salt to taste
- Season the shrimps. In a stain-proof bowl, coat shrimps and curry leaf with olive oil and butter. Scatter seasonings at (A) evenly over the contents. Mix everything well with a stain-proof spatula until the colour is evenly distributed. You can add a little more olive oil if the mixture is too dry.
- Prepare sheet pan by lining it with 2 pieces of baking paper. Spread out the prepared shrimps one layer in the pan.
- Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 8-12 minutes at upper rack until shrimps are cooked and the curry leaves are crisp. Garnish with parsley, black pepper and lime wedges.
Noob Cook Tip
The sheet pan is placed at the upper rack (where the oven is hottest) to reduce the roasting time. If you place the pan in the middle rack or you have a different oven configuration, do adjust the roasting time accordingly.
Pages: 1 2
Definitely a MUST make for me since I love both curry and shrimp. Really tasty and flavourful with that curry mix.
I add curry spice mix to roasts like fish, shrimps and even sardines (onions, tomatoes, curry spice powder mix and canned olive oil-based sardines)! So easy and so good!