Prosciutto (Parma Ham) Pasta
Parma Ham Pasta Recipe
For lower carbs, replace angel hair with shirataki rice noodles which contains 10 calories per 100g, or any keto-friendly whole wheat pasta.
You can substitute the Parma ham with 4 slices of streaky bacon.
- 1 tsp salt
- 75g dried angel hair (or any favourite pasta)
- 4 slices prosciutto di Parma (Parma ham) cut to short strips
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 10g + 1og unsalted butter divided
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cherry tomatoes halved
- 5 tbsp rich (tetra-pak) chicken stock or pasta cooking water use more if needed, 1 tbsp at a time
- a generous heap of salad mix (such as baby spinach & arugula) optional
- garlic salt as needed
- parmesan cheese shavings
- small drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta. Bring a pot of water with 1 tsp salt added to a boil. Add angel hair and cook until al dente (about 1 min 30 seconds). Drain and set aside.
- Crisp Parma ham. In a frying pan, add cut Parma ham and olive oil. Cook until the Parma ham is crisp and most of the fats rendered. Set aside the crisp ham on a plate.
- Make the pasta. Return the cooked angel hair pasta and crisped ham to the pan. Add the remaining butter, cherry tomatoes and chicken stock (or pasta cooking water). Melt the butter and bind everything together, using more liquids one tablespoon at a time if too dry. Season the pasta with garlic salt as needed.
- Add the salad vegetables (if using) and let them wilt in the heat, mixing them into the noodles.
- To serve, garnish with a drizzle of evoo, parmesan cheese shavings, chopped parsley and freshly cracked black pepper.