One-Pan Kale & Eggs
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
One-Pan Kale & Eggs Recipe
This recipe serves one person and it is recommended to use a 20-cm frying pan for this serving.
To cook for more, increase the ingredients and use a bigger pan (24 or 28 cm) accordingly.
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion diced
- 100g kale leaves thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian seasoning (or any fave dried herbs)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes optional
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt (or tiny pinch of regular salt)
- small squeeze of lemon
- 3 tbsp rich chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 lemon wedge
You also need
- a non-stick 20cm frying pan
- Cook onions. Heat oil in pan and cook onions on medium heat until they start to soften.
- Cook kale. Add kale, Italian seasoning, chilli flakes and garlic salt. Stir fry until just wilted, then add lemon juice and chicken broth. Give everything a good stir, then cover with lid and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the kale is softened to liking.
- Cook eggs. Make two wells in the pan. Crack the eggs into the wells. Cook on low heat until the egg white is set, and the yolk cooked to preferred consistency.
- Serving suggestion. Season with black pepper and serve it straight from the pan with a lemon wedge.
- You can use any variety of kale available in your area. I’m using a mix of curly & tuscan kale.
- I’m using tetra-pak chicken broth which is rich tasting. You can substitute with water with more (garlic) salt added in place of the broth.