Mum’s Simple Egg Mee Suah Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Egg Mee Sua Soup Recipe
Eat the noodles immediately upon serving, as the mee sua will soak up the soup quickly.
- 3 eggs lightly beaten with 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 rice bowls of water
- 50 grams shabu-shabu pork slices (optional)
- 8 pacific clams (optional)
- light soy sauce to taste
- 2 bundles of mee sua (flour vermicelli)
- sesame oil to taste
- spring onions and/or coriander for garnishing
- Heat oil in wok pan, swirl the pan to spread the oil evenly. Pour the egg mixture to cover the wok. When the egg is semi cooked, scramble them using a spatula and cook them into large chunks. Take care not to over cook the egg; they should still be moist after cooking.
- Add water to pan for the soup base. Add pork and pacific clams (optional). Simmer briefly until pork is cooked through. Season soup to taste with soy sauce.
- In a separate pot, bring water to a boil. Cook mee sua for about 30 seconds, separating the strands with chopsticks.
- Transfer mee sua to serving bowls, and coat the noodles with some sesame oil. This will give the noodles a nice aroma. Top each bowl with egg, pork and pacific clams.
- Ladle the hot soup over the mee sua, garnish with spring onions/coriander and serve immediately.