Marmite Pasta with Mushrooms
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Marmite Pasta with Mushrooms Recipe
Use your favourite seasonal mushrooms and pasta for this recipe.
- 2 servings (roughly 160g) angel hair or any favourite pasta
- 50 grams + 10 grams unsalted butter divided
- 2 tsp Marmite to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried parsley or any favourite dried herbs seasoning
- 100 grams baby oyster mushrooms or hon shimeiji mushrooms ends trimmed
- 100 grams button mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 tsp sea salt
- reserved pasta water
- freshly grated parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped parsley
- Cook Pasta. Cook angel hair in a pot of boiling water with 1 tsp salt added until al dente (usually minus 30 seconds off recommended time in packaging instructions for angel hair).
- Make Marmite Sauce. While the pasta is cooking, make the marmite sauce. Melt 50 grams butter in a small pan and add Marmite while the butter is still hot, stirring with spatula to dissolve it completely. Set aside the Marmite sauce in a small bowl and carefully clean the pan with paper towels.
- Cook Mushrooms. Melt remaining butter and olive oil pan. Add mushrooms and dried parsley. Saute for a few minutes until the mushrooms are cooked.
- Serve. Add drained pasta and Marmite sauce to the pan of mushrooms. Toss to coat evenly, adding 1 or more tbsp pasta water to bind everything together. Optional: Serve with grated Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Credit: Base Marmite Spaghetti Recipe from Nigella Kitchen