Check Out: Chicken Salad with Honey Mustard Dressing
This is another easy idea for any leftover roast Chicken or turkey you may have from your Christmas dinner (or any meal). It’s basically just leftover chicken breast, honey mustard sauce, veggies and melted cheese sandwiched in warmly toasted pita bread. Typically, you make a cut in the pita bread to stuff the ingredients in, but in this case, I arrange the fillings on the pita bread and fold it in half. It’s up to you which method you prefer.
Chicken Pita Recipe
This recipe uses any leftover roast chicken or turkey you may have.
- 4 pocket pita breads
- 1 roasted chicken breast cut to thick slices
- vegetables such as lettuce, finely shredded carrots, tomato wedges, pickles, corn nibblets and/or cucumber slices
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
(A) Honey Mustard Sauce
- 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard or fine mustard
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise (halved the mayonnaise if using fine mustard)
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix (A) in a bowl until the salad dressing becomes a paste.
- Slit pita bread around the edges to form pockets and stuff the pockets with the ingredients.
- Alternatively (non-stuffing method), place the ingredients to occupy half of the pita bread as shown above, then fold over and place in a tight fitting plate.
- Toast in the oven 200°C (392°F) for a few minutes or until the cheese is melted.
This sounds so good! One of my favorite ways to use leftover chicken is on a pita with hummus and spinach!
Very cool! I didn’t think of pita pockets. I made a roasted turkey wrap, with lettuce and cherry tomatoes, with a drizzle of leftover mint sauce mixed with mayo. Good for watching together with holiday cable! =) Happy 2011!