Korean Purple Rice
Filed Under: Korean Recipes Meatless Recipes Recipes Rice Cooker Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes Under 30 Minutes
Korean Purple Rice Recipe
The purple rice gives a more beautiful and glamorous presentation to your kimbap (sushi rolls), bibimbap rice bowls or any rice bowls (not just Korean).
If this is your first time making Korean rice, you might be surprised by how little black glutinous rice is needed. Do not exceed the amount of black rice as stated in the recipe. using will result in a very dark shade of rice.
Check out the ingredients and step-by-step photos on the previous page.
- 3/4 cup (150g) short-grain white rice
- 1/2 level tsp glutinous short-grain black rice
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Wash rice. Measure and add the white rice and black glutinous rice in the rice cooker’s inner pot. Wash the rice in 2 changes of water in a circular motion. Drain the water using a fine wire sieve, while retaining the drained rice in the rice cooker inner pot.
- Add water and cook. Measure and add 1 1/2 cup water into the inner pot. Set rice cooker to ‘COOK’.
- When cooked, fluff up the purple rice with a rice paddle and it’s ready to be served.
Pages: 1 2
I love the colour…a great trick to use black to turn the white one into purple.
OMG! When I read purple rice, I thought it’s cooking the uncooked purple/black grains, now knowing it’s actually a little black rice making the white rice purple! I also enjoyed the purple rice served in a Korean tofu hotpot (soon dubu) over here.
I like soon dudu too! :o