Ham & Cheese Omelette
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Ham & Cheese Omelette Recipe
The melty cheese and savoury ham makes this omelette a satisfying all-day breakfast!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 eggs beaten
- 50 grams breakfast ham or honey baked ham diced
- 10 grams unsalted butter
- 40 grams grated cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- salad leaves
- cherry tomatoes
You also need
- 20 cm non-stick pan for making each omelette; see cooking note below
- heat-resistant silicon spatula
- Cook the ham. Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan. Briefly stir-fry diced ham in the sizzling oil until fragrant. Set aside on a plate.
- Make one omelette. In the same pan, melt butter on medium low heat and swirl the pan to coat it evenly in the melted butter. Pour the beaten egg into the pan. As the eggs set, pull edges with a spatula to draw the egg from the sides to the centre, letting uncooked egg flow underneath. Do this until the omelette is just set with still some raw egg on top. Reduce the pan to a low heat. Add cheese and all but 1 tbsp cooked ham on one-half of the omelette. Cover with lid for about 1 minute or until the cheese is melted. Remove from the stove. Loosen the edges of the omelette with a spatula.
- Serve. Slide the omelette into a serving plate and fold it in half. Top with the remaining ham. Serve with some salad leaves and cherry tomatoes.
- You can use a pan slightly smaller or bigger than 20cm (example 18 cm or 22 cm) to make this omelette.
- To serve more, add and fry all the diced ham together at step 1. Then make each omelette (step 2-3) individually & portion out the ham accordingly.