Guacamole (Avocado Dip)
Guacamole (Avocado Dip) Recipe
This recipe uses 1 avocado. The recipe doubles up well – for example, use about 5 cherry tomatoes, 2 limes and 2 bird eye’s chilli if using 2 avocado.
- 1 ripe avocado skin is soft when pressed with fingers
- half jalapeno or 1 green (bird’s eye) chilli padi to taste; de-seeded and sliced thinly
- 2 to 3 cherry tomatoes finely chopped
- juice (about 3/4 tsp) of 1 small lime
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions or chopped shallots
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut avocado in half lengthwise, avoiding the seed in center. Twist the avocado halves to separate. Remove the seed. Using a spoon, cut the avocado to pieces and scrap out the flesh.
- Place avocado flesh in a mixing bowl and mash it up until creamy but still chunky. Add the rest of the ingredients and give everything a good mix. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Use guacamole as a salad topping, as a filling in kebabs, serve with plain nachos or even eat it on its own. Place leftover guacamole in a cling-wrapped bowl or in a tight-lid container in the fridge.
Pages: 1 2
We had avocado dip today too. Love your chunky version!
I usually have guacamole as sandwich filling and salad topping. Your version with green onions (vs the typical red onions) shd be good too!
And now. I really really and really want guac!
Pingback: Fun and savvy dinner party ideas