French Beans with Spicy Dried Shrimps
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
This is a tasty and easy to whip up stir fry dish – perfect for busy nights where I decided to cook, yet there isn’t much time to do anything too elaborate. This goes really well with fluffy white warm rice!
– 200g French Beans
– 1 to 2 chilli padi, de-seeded, sliced
– 2 tbsp dried shrimps (aka ‘Hei Bi’), soaked in a small bowl of water till slightly softened, then drain the water
– 1 tbsp chopped garlic
– 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Using either a grinder or just a kitchen knife & chopping board, chop the chilli and dried shrimps until fine (see photo above).
2. Align the french beans vertically on the chopping board so that their ends stand on the same height & trim the ends. Ditto for the other side. Then cut the beans to approx. 1-2cm lengths.
3. Heat oil in wok and stir fry the chopped dried shrimps & chilli, as well as garlic, till dried shrimps are light brown.
4. Add the french beans in the wok and stir fry over medium high fire for approximately 5 minutes till the beans are cooked and the dried shrimps turn a dark brownish hue. Serve with fluffy warm rice.
Other French Bean Stir-Fry Recipes: