Creamy Avocado Spinach Smoothie
This avocado spinach smoothie is simply delicious. Naturally creamy & mildly sweet without additional sweetener, this smoothie is a refreshing pick-me-up. You will barely taste the veggies (spinach + cucumber) in this one.
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
This smoothie is perfect for post-workout, detox, a pick-me-up or simply to load up on extra nutrition & fiber for the day.
Here are the good stuff I added to my avocado spinach smoothie:
- Avocado gives the smoothie its natural fatty creaminess.
- Spinach (frozen works well too!) On the day I was ready to shoot this recipe, the fresh baby spinach at my supermarket looked poorly at various stages of rotting. So I experimented with frozen spinach instead of fresh baby spinach. BIG WIN! :O Can’t tell the difference in taste between the frozen and fresh, plus the frozen spinach gives a more vibrant green to the smoothie than the fresh one. Happy with this discovery, because fresh baby spinach is really expensive here. I’m going to use frozen spinach for my smoothies from now on :)
- Cucumber – Add just a few slices so that you can’t taste the cucumber (which to me taste like tap water in big quantities), yet it gives the smoothie a hydrating & refreshing feel.
- Banana – 1 small ripe banana (so that you can’t really taste the banana) to provide natural creaminess and sweetness. I’m using frozen banana so that I can have ripe and sweet ones for my smoothies anytime.
- Flax seeds & chia seeds – Sneaking in some superfoods in here, loaded with omega & fiber.
- Pure coconut water – Provides natural sweetness; boosts hydration & weight loss.
With the banana and coconut water, this smoothie is mildly sweet on its own and it did not need a sweetener (such as maple syrup or honey) for me.