Chocolate Overnight Oats
Chocolate Overnight Oats Recipe
Experiment with different toppings (such as sliced bananas, berries and pom seeds) to come up with different flavours.
The chocolate oats keeps well in a covered glass jug in the fridge for up to a week, making it ideal for meal prep.
- 1/2 cup (50g) rolled oats
- 1/4 cup (65g) Greek or plain yogurt
- 1 cup (100ml) unsweetened milk (soy or cow’s milk)
- 1 level tbsp pure cacao or cocoa powder
- 1 level tbsp chia seeds
- a tiny pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup to taste; reduce if eating low-carb
- 1/2 cup raspberries (or any fave fruit)
- dark chocolate bar make chocolate shavings using a vegetable peeler; or substitute with handful of dark chocolate chips
- a spoonful of yogurt optional
You Also Need:
- 1-2 mason jars with lid (or recycled cleaned jam or honey glass jar)
- Make chocolate oats. In a glass jug, combine (A), stir to mix well or cover with lid and shake vigorously, until the cocoa powder is well distributed. Chill in the fridge over night (or at least 6 hours) and keeps up to a week.
- To serve, garnish the chocolate oats with yogurt, raspberries and chocolate shavings. Enjoy your healthy & scrumptious chocolaty breakfast.