Baked Marmite Chicken Wings
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chicken Recipes Chicken Wings Recipes Chinese Recipes Popular Recipes Recipes
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Baked Marmite Chicken Recipe
Use the mid-joint or drumlette, or a combination of both for this recipe.
During the second half of the oven baking, watch the chicken carefully to ensure that the skin is not burnt.
- 300 grams mid-joint chicken wings and/or drumlettes
- chopped spring onion & coriander garnish; optional
- 20 grams (about 1 tbsp) marmite
- 10 grams unsalted butter melted in the microwave
- 2 tbsp honey
- 3 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Marinade the chicken. Add marinade ingredients (A) in a casserole and stir continuously with a spatula, until a smooth & sticky paste is formed. Season to taste (more marmite or honey). Coat chicken thoroughly in the marmite sauce. For best results, marinade covered for at least a few hours or preferably overnight in the fridge.
- Bake the chicken. Arrange the chicken pieces one layer in a roasting pan lined with baking paper or tongs. Drizzle about 2-3 spoonfuls of the leftover marinade sauce over the chicken. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 20 minutes, take the pan out & turn the chicken pieces over with tongs. Continue baking until chicken is nicely browned, about another 15 minutes. To serve, coat each chicken piece with the roasting liquids collected in the pan & garnish with spring onion/coriander.