Bacon Roasted Potatoes
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Bacon Roasted Potatoes Recipe
I par boil the potatoes in step 2 to reduce the roasting time. If you do not wish to do so, you can use raw potatoes but increase the roasting time to about 40 minutes, or until the potato skin is wrinkled.
- 150g streaky bacon thinly sliced
- 8 baby potatoes (scrubbed & skin on) halved or quartered
- 5 cloves garlic mashed
- 2 dried bay leaves
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Toss bacon slices in a large sauté pan, add a splash of water and begin heating the pan over a medium-high heat. When the water evaporates and the bacon begins to brown, turn the heat down and continue cooking until the bacon is browned and crisp. Set aside the bacon oil and the bacon bits.
- Par boil the potatoes in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Add par-boiled potatoes in a roasting tray, and coat the potatoes with bacon oil.
- Season the potatoes with sea salt and pepper. Add garlic and bay leaves. Roast the potatoes at 200°C (392°F) for about 20 minutes, or until the skin is wrinkled. Top with the previously prepared bacon bits.
Noob Cook Tip
You may also add 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary in the roasting tray for additional flavour.
Adapted from Chef at Home