Tom Yum Chicken Wings
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Tom Yum Chicken Wings Recipe
Different brands of tom yum paste have varying saltiness and flavour , so adjust the seasonings to taste accordingly. To ensure evenly cooked wings and easy clean up, rest the chicken pieces on a wire rack with a foil-lined tray beneath while baking.
- 5 chicken wings about 400 grams
- 1/2 stalk lemongrass (only the white part) finely snipped
- 1 kaffir lime leaf finely snipped
- 5 shallots peeled and sliced
- 1 heaped tbsp instant tom yum paste
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- Prepare the wings by cutting to 3 portions at the joint (drummette, mid joint and end tip). Freeze the end tips for making chicken stock. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor and blend until the paste is smooth.
- Coat chicken evenly in the tom yum paste. Chill marinated chicken in fridge, for at least half an hour.
- Arrange chicken pieces on wire rack with foil-lined tray beneath. Bake at preheated oven of 200°C (392°F) for 25 minutes, turning once halfway. Garnish and serve.