Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Slow-Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
You can also cook this on the stove top. Use 1200 ml of water and simmer for an hour. For best results, keep warm in a thermal pot for at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 “kampong” or small chicken remove the skin & leave bones intact; may use a few chicken bone carcass + thighs/drumsticks/any fave cut
- 20 grams unsalted butter
- 2 stalks celery sliced thinly
- 1 medium carrot peeled & cut to small chunks
- 1 small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 100-150 grams dried egg noodle pasta or any fave pasta
- Italian flat-leaf parsley or any garnishing greens
- 1 natural MSG-free chicken bouillon cube optional; only if required
- sea salt to taste
(A) Soup Aromatics
- 1 litre hot boiling water or low-sodium chicken stock
- 5 cloves old garlic
- 2 slices ginger
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning may use dried or fresh rosemary, thyme or dill
You also need:
- a crock pot slow-cooker
- Prep chicken. Blanch chicken pieces in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes, then rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Slow-cook. In a crock-pot slow cooker, add blanched chicken and all the ingredients at (A). Cook at “High” for at least three hours (starting from the time when the soup starts bubbling), then set to simmer at “Low” or “Auto” for a few hours or until ready to serve. Season with salt and/or chicken bouillon cube (only if required).
- Cook the noodles. Add 1 tsp sea salt to a pot of boiling water. Add pasta/noodles and cook according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Shred the chicken. When the chicken is tender, take them out of the crockpot. Shred the chicken with fingers or a fork when cooled to handle.
- To serve, add the cooked noodles and shredded chicken back to the crock pot to heat up, then dish them to serving bowls. Alternatively, add cooked noodles and shredded chicken to individual serving bowl and ladle the hot soup over. Garnish with parsley.