Ham and Cheese Egg Roll
Filed Under: 15-minute Recipes 5 or Less Ingredients Asian Recipes Eggs Japanese Recipes Low Carb Recipes Recipes Step-by-Step Recipes
Ham and Cheese Egg Roll Recipe
The cooked rolled omelette tend to break easily when it is hot, so transfer it to a cutting board and let it cool down first before slicing.
- vegetable or olive oil for greasing pan
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
Ham and Cheese
- 3 slices cheese (each slice is half of a regular square slice cheese; after halving, it measures roughly 4 by 4 cm)
- 3 slices ham (same size as cheese)
- Rectangular tamagoyaki pan (18 by 13 cm/7.25 by 5.10 in)
- flat spatula or chopsticks for turning the egg roll
- pastry brush for greasing the pan
- In a bowl, lightly whisk the eggs and add spring onions. Season with some black pepper. Set aside.
- Arrange each ham slice on top of each cheese slice, making three pairs of ham and cheese.
- Heat the pan, grease it with oil, and pour just enough egg mixture to make a thin egg sheet to cover the pan.
- When the egg is semi-set, place a ham and cheese pair on one end of the egg sheet. Using spatula or chopsticks, turn the egg sheet to cover the ham and cheese. Push the first layer of rolled egg back to the starting point and repeat steps 3-4 for another two more times, or until all the egg is used up.
- Gently press the completed egg roll with a spatula to give it a firm rectangular shape.
- Transfer egg roll to cutting board and when it is cooled, slice the roll to 6 equal pieces.
Pages: 1 2
Yummy and healthy egg rolls. Love the melty cheese inbetween the layers.
This looks so delicious..would be great for the lunch box too.
Wow, 要有点“功夫”！ So pretty and I don’t think anything goes wrong with ham, cheese and egg :P
These egg rolls look so irresitable!
Oh yes! I love egg, I love cheese and I love ham. Tremendously!
This is so great and I love your colors
Looks appetizing! This is great idea for lunchbox for my son. Thanks :)
Pingback: The Ultimate List of 50 Healthy Breakfast Ideas - The Pantry