French Bean Fried Rice
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
French Bean Fried Rice Recipe
Use cooked rice that has been refrigerated overnight (or minimum 2 hours). Refrigerating the rice keeps the grains dry so that they won’t stick to each other during stir frying. Alternatively, order an extra packet of rice when you do takeaways for making fried rice the next day.
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 tbsp oil divided
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 10 french beans (100g) ends trimmed, sliced thinly
- 200g refrigerated cooked rice make sure clumps are broken up, before adding to the wok
- 1/2 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp fish sauce (or another 1 tsp soy sauce)
- 1 tsp chicken seasoning powder (or salt, to taste)
- 2 dashes white pepper powder to taste
- Scramble the egg. Heat 1 tbsp oil, break an egg into the wok and immediately scramble the egg until it is almost cooked. Push it to a side.
- Add garlic, french beans and the remaining oil. Stir fry until french beans are almost done.
- Add rice and seasonings (A). Stir fry briskly on high heat until everything is well mixed and the rice grains are dry. Stir in spring onions, mix well and serve.
- To make a delicious fried rice, more oil is needed, so I used healthy olive oil.
- You can use cooked white short-grain or long-grain rice, or healthy brown rice.