Easy Baked Croutons
Filed Under: Appetizers & Finger Foods Recipes Scotch Sponsored
Easy Croutons Recipe
Store leftover croutons in a sealed ziplock bag in the freezer. Warm the croutons in an oven or toaster oven whenever needed.
- 3 slices bread cut to even-sized cubes
- 50 grams butter
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp favourite herbs such as parsley, oregano, rosemary, Italian herbs either fresh, dried or combination of both
- In a heated saucepan, melt butter, garlic powder and salt, stirring to mix well. Coat bread cubes evenly in the melted butter mixture. Season with herbs and freshly cracked black pepper.
- Transfer croutons, one layer, onto a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake at pre-heated oven of 180°C (356°F) for 15 minutes, or until the croutons are golden and crispy. Add them as topping for your salads and creamy soups.
Noob Cook Tips:
- Instead of soft bread, use sliced French baguette, cut to cubes.
- For healthier choice, you may use olive oil instead of butter.
Pages: 1 2
I actually made a fuss free (more like lazy. Hee) recipe. I just glazed the cut bread with EVOO and chopped garlic/garlic powder (lazy me) and dump them in the oven. Taste just as good. Hehe. Will give this a try though. ;)
butter is more sinful but aromatic. sometimes I made it with EVOO too. I’m going to try your mee soto recipe after the CNY holidays :)
All the best! I hope you’ll succeed the first time. Happy new year to you and hope you’ll have a good one with your loved ones.
Thank you! will update you after my attempt. Enjoy the holidays too!
Again, I like the “cutting” method. Makes life in kitchen much easier!
Can I use wholemeal bread instead of white?
Also, how do I prevent fresh herbs from turning too dark under the oven grill? (My usual problem). I usually use dried herbs when baking for that reason. Thanks!
Hi Carmen, yes, can use wholemeal bread. I’m using a mix of fresh and dried Italian parsley which did not dis-colour after baking.
Wiffy, I normally use Wholemeal bread n the croutons have a better texture when baked :) try it :) Michelle
I always like making my own croutons, they taste sooo much better than ready ones. I adore your baking paper (!)
My girls simply adore croutons!
Yum yum! We love croutons and I bet your homemade ones would far surpass the store bought ones! ;)
I love croutons. They are so good in soup , salad or even as a snack. Yours look really tempting.
I MADE THEM THE SUPER SIMPLE WAY… JUST SPRINKLED ZESTY ITALIAN DRESSING ON THEM.. THEN BAKED… SO GOOD..