Chinese Baby Corn Salad
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Chinese Baby Corn Salad Recipe
This is a very easy side dish to make and it is addictively appetizing with its mix of flavours that are tangy, mildly spicy and savoury.
It goes well with many Chinese dishes such as noodles, stir-fries and soups.
- 100g baby corn (玉米笋)
- 2 chilli padi or 1 finger-length red chilli deseeded and diced; to taste
- 1 tbsp chopped spring onions
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 10g fine sugar
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp soybean paste (or oyster sauce)
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- Cook baby corn by boiling or steaming for 5 minutes. Drain & arrange the baby corn on a serving plate.
- Prepare the sauce by whisking (A) in a bowl, until sugar is dissolved. If you have trouble dissolving the sugar, you can use a hot water bath or simmer the sauce in a saucepan for a few seconds on the stove. Stir in the red chilli, spring onions & garlic.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce evenly over the corn. This dish may be served right away at room temperature or after being chilled in the fridge.
- Use finger-length red chilli to add colour without the heat or use chilli padi (bird’s eye chilli) to give this dish a mild spicy kick.
- Use white vinegar (what I used), apple cider vinegar or black vinegar according to what you prefer and have in the pantry.