Avocado Egg White Face Mask
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Avocado Egg White Face Mask Recipe
This is a nourishing, hydrating, pores-tightening and skin-clearing DIY face mask. Perfect for combination/oily and acne-prone skin.
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, peeled and mashed*
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp lemon juice
* To cut a ripe avocado, use a knife to halve the avocado lengthwise around the seed. Use one hand to grab the top half of the avocado and your other hand to grab the lower part, then twist the avocado to separate. Stab the seed with tip of the knife to remove. Place avocado flesh on a chopping board and use the flat edge of your knife or back of a spoon to mash the avocado.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed avocado with egg white and lemon juice. Mix with a wooden spoon to make a smooth paste.
- After cleansing, apply face mask onto entire face except eye area for 20 minutes. Rinse and follow up your usual beauty routine (such as toner and moisturizer). The mask do not keep well and it is recommended to use it within a day.
Noob Cook Tips
- This mask is quite messy, so it is advisable to lie in bed and relax for 20 minutes while putting it on. It will be even better if you can ask someone to help you to apply the mask while you are lying down!
- You may substitute lemon juice with 1/2 tsp organic apple cider vinegar (Bragg’s “With The Mother”).