Air-Fried Crab Sticks
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Air-Fried Crab Sticks Recipe
This recipe indicates the quantity for one packet of Dodo crabsticks (250 grams; 16 crab sticks). To avoid overcrowding the air fryer to ensure even cooking, I cook half a packet (125 grams or 8 crab sticks) at a time. You may cook as many batches as you like. After the first batch, you do not need to preheat the airfryer again.
- 250 grams (about 16) artificial/imitation crab sticks
- cooking spray
You also need
- air fryer
- Carefully peel and unroll the crab sticks, then separate to 1 cm width.
- Divide peeled crab sticks to two large plates, spray with cooking spray and use tongs to coat evenly.
- Preheat air fryer to 160°C (320°F) for 5 minutes. Add in one portion (one plate; 8 crab sticks or 125 grams) of peeled crab sticks in the basket. Cook for 4, 3 followed by 3 minutes. During each interval, pull out the basket and shake the contents for even cooking.
- If there are any pale coloured crab sticks at the end of 10 minutes, set them aside on a plate. After cooking all the crab sticks, you can cook this last batch of pale crab sticks for 2 more minutes and they will turn a uniform golden colour.
- When cooled, store crispy crab sticks in an air-tight container for up to a week.
Noob Cook Tip
You may also tear the peeled crab sticks to thin shreds, halving the cooking time if doing so.