Oven Roasted Cauliflower Rice
Oven-Roasted Cauliflower "Rice" Recipe
For plain “rice”, skip the garlic powder, onion powder, butter & cheese powder. You can also omit the corn or replace it with other seasonal vegetables such as bell peppers and peas.
For drier rice, spread the seasoned cauliflower a thin layer in a cookie tray or 2 smaller trays. Roast for 5 minutes more than the time indicated in this recipe, or until the top is golden.
- 200 grams cauliflower florets
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 (50 grams) cup corn kernels/niblets drained from the can
- 1 tsp garlic powder or 3 cloves minced garlic; optional
- 1 tsp onion powder or 1 tbsp finely chopped onion; optional
- 20 grams unsalted butter optional
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese powder optional
- 2 tbsp chopped spring onions (or chopped italian parsley)
- freshly cracked pepper to taste
- Pulse cauliflower florets in a blender until they resemble coarse breadcrumbs or couscous.
- Add corn, garlic powder, onion powder and salt to cauliflower in a oven-save casserole. Mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200°C (392°F) for 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower at the edges of casserole start to brown.
- While the cauliflower is still hot, stir in butter & cheese powder until melted. Then add spring onions. Season with freshly cracked black pepper.