Mama Tom Yum Noodles
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Mama Tom Yum Noodles Recipe
This recipe is great for clearing the leftovers in the fridge, so feel free to substitute the ingredients with whatever you have.
- 50g minced pork (or chicken)
- 600 ml water
- 2-4 whole tiger prawn (shrimp) deveined, tail-on
- 1 packet “Mama” tom yum instant ramen noodles
- 2 beancurd ‘ring’ rolls
- juice from 1/4 Thai lime wedge
- Thai fish sauce to taste; only if needed
- 1/2 tsp light soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 dashes white pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp corn starch
- 4 coral lettuce leaves
- 1 Thai lime wedge
- chopped coriander
- 1 tsp Thai chilli powder for extra heat, to taste or omit
- Marinade minced pork with (A) for 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Cook the noodles. In a soup pot, add water and bring to a boil. Using two spoons, flatten one spoonful of marinated pork before adding them to the boiling water. Do so until all the pork is used up. Add prawns and boil until they just turn opaque. Then add instant ramen and sachet seasonings. As soon as the noodles are cooked, add beancurd roll to soak in the hot soup for a few seconds until softened. Turn off the stove. Squeeze some lime juice and season the soup to taste with fish sauce, only if needed.
- To serve, ladle noodles to a serving bowl and garnish with lettuce (at the side of the bowl), lime, coriander and chilli powder. When eating, let the lettuce soak in the hot soup and stir to mix in the chilli powder.