Stir Fry Sugar Snap Peas
Filed Under: Asian Recipes Chinese Recipes Recipes Stir Frying
Stir-Fry Sugar Snap Peas Recipe
Feel free to add other ingredients, such as fried bean curd, carrot and mushrooms, which go well with this dish.
- 1/2 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 finger-length red chilli deseeded and to thin wedges
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp tau cheo (soy bean paste) mashed slightly with a fork
- 80 grams baby corn cut into halves diagonally
- 150 grams sugar snap peas gently break off the ends and pull off the “strings”
- 50 grams cooked and de-shelled prawns (shrimps)
- 1 tbsp Shaoxing wine
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in wok. Stir fry chilli and garlic for about 30 seconds. Add taucheo and stir fry briefly until fragrant.
- Add baby corn and stir fry for 1 minute over high heat.
- Add sugar snap peas, and stir fry until the peas are almost cooked. Stir in prawns and stir fry briefly until everything is cooked and coated in the taucheo sauce.
- Drizzle Chinese wine along the sides of the wok, and turn off the stove seconds later when you smell the aroma of the wine.
Noob Cook Tip
If you are using raw prawns, remove the veins and shells. Rinse with mildly salted water. Add to stir-fry in step 3.
Pages: 1 2
This is the kind of stir-fry I would eat happily every day.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
What brand of taucheo sauce would you recommend?
I’m currently using the “Tai Hua” brand. I picked it up randomly from the supermarket though, feel free to use any brand you come across.
A homely and familiar dish, always a delight!
No Tau Cheu how?? Can substitute with something else??
salt, soy sauce, oyster sauce or xo sauce.
Looks delicious…simple and so colorful…I love the soybean paste flavor in this stir fry.
Have a great week Wiffy :D
Thank you for these simple recipes. I am not much of a cook. But being a mother, I feel the need to learn to cook for them. Will definitely try out.
My kind of stir-fry with one-skillet everything! Veggies and proteins all in one. Just cook some rice and a meal is ready :)