Japanese Potato Salad
Stay in touch on Instagram
Don’t Miss a Recipe!
Receive new recipes updates in your email box:
Japanese Potato Salad Recipe
Feel free to spice up this potato salad with more flavour such as chopped ham, onions, karashi (Japanese mustard) and chopped hard boiled egg.
- 1/2 Japanese cucumber cut to thin, semi-circle slices
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 carrot peeled and cut to thin, semi-circle slices
- 2 russett potatoes peeled and quartered
- water (enough water to submerge the potatoes)
- 3 tbsp cooked corn nibblets usually tetra-pak or canned
- 3/4 cup Japanese mayonnaise
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Rub cucumber slices with salt and allow to ‘sweat’ for about 30 minutes. This will make the cucumbers more crunchy. Rinse, drain and squeeze dry.
- In a pot, bring water to boil. Add carrots and potatoes. Boil for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Transfer boiled potatoes to a bowl. Use a fork to mash the potatoes, leaving some small chunks behind.
- Add corn, carrot, cucumber and Japanese mayonnaise. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill in fridge before serving.